The safety of your child is of the utmost importance to us. When children feel safe, they are better able to learn. Our safety procedures are reviewed on a regular basis and meet the standards set by the State of Ohio for Preschools. Safety is built into our everyday curriculum so that the children begin to learn safe behaviors early in life. In addition to our reviews and internal procedures, we use the following means to help us provide a safe environment:
- There is always a staff member on site who is trained in CPR and first aid.
- Toys are cleaned on a regular basis and monitored for broken pieces.
- All classroom materials are evaluated for age appropriateness.
- Doors into the classroom area are locked between 9:15-11:45. If a parent needs to enter the building during that time, they must call the director who will then open the door.
- Our school has fire, severe weather and lockdown procedures in place.
- Our playground is contained in an interior courtyard, removed from any access to parking lots or cars.
- Our playground was built in 2010. We use rubber tiles as the surface under our playground.