You can watch an animated version on YouTube here:
…and then you can do this really neat activity with your child to bring the book to life.
- Give the kids 1/2 sheet of colorful paper. Used bright colors just like the book!
- Have them glue on a long brown rectangle for the trunk.
- Give them a page of bright polka dot paper with 3 leaves drawn on the back. Let them practice cutting out the leaves with scissors.
- Glue the leaves to the top of the tree.
- Glue on a few brown circles for coconuts!
Last, pick some letters to focus on – perhaps the letters of your childs name and have them glue those letters right onto their tree.
So cute and bright!
Special Thanks to This Awesome website for this Creative Idea!